This page is dedicated to providing forms, information, and resources to unit PTA memberships VPs / chairmen.
Still have questions? Contact the Burbank Council PTA 2nd VP Membership via email at Membership@BurbankCouncilPTA.org.
Burbank Council PTA Membership Information
First District PTA Membership Information
MEMBERSHIP TOOLBOX: NEW IDEAS TO BUILD MEMBERSHIP
- Looking for new ideas to increase PTA membership at your school? How about ways to engage students or teachers in PTA? Check out these great ideas and resources:
- Membership Monday eBlasts
- Membership 101 PPT Training for Leaders
- Local Marketing Plan and Template Worksheet
- Local Goal Setting Template
- Membership Timeline
- Membership Theme Ideas
- Ways to Increase PTA Membership
- 101 Ways to Increase PTA Membership – Tri-fold Brochure for Download
- Ways to Encourage Teachers to Join PTA
- Ideas to Build Student Membership and Involvement
- Membership Incentives and Awards
- Engaging men in PTA
- Sample PTA Bulletin Boards
- Membership Messaging That Works
- Share Your PTA Success Story with California State PTA
GRAPHICS AND VIDEOS — REINFORCE OUR BRAND
Social media and website graphics can help reinforce the PTA brand. Download the new graphics with the “Believe in Our Children, Believe in PTA” theme.
Social Media Graphics
- Good Things for Kids
- Engaging Families for Student Success
- Be an important part of the school
- Encourage meaningful education
- Do something that’s going to help children
- Focus on all the kids
- Feel connected to a bigger mission
- Create your own personalized video and be sure to share it with California State PTA as well! Send us your personalized video today!
FLIERS AND PRINTED RESOURCES
No need to write that invitation letter from scratch! Here’s an easy way to invite your parents, school staff and community members to join your PTA: the customizable marketing flier. Simply customize by filling in the blanks on the template, add a few photos and quotes, and save it to your computer. Your customized membership flier can be sent out electronically, or copied and distributed at PTA or community events. Print out the flier in color or black and white, attach a PTA membership envelope, and your membership campaign is on its way! Take a look at a sample flier.
Ready-to-Print Fliers and Resources
California State PTA and National PTA offer a variety of FREE resources in multiple languages – ready to download, print and share with parents and families at your school.
- Why PTA — English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Tagalog and Vietnamese
- PTA vs Unaffiliated Parent Group — English only
- Today’s PTA — English and Spanish
- Today’s PTA Poster — English and Spanish
- Engagement: 15 Things You Can Do — English and Spanish
- Connect With Your School — English and Spanish
- You Are Your Child’s Advocate — English and Spanish
- Do good things for kids — JOIN PTA! — English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Tagalog, Vietnamese.
MEMBER PERKS ADD VALUE FOR FAMILIES
We know people join PTA to support children and their schools. But PTA member perks can help make joining PTA an even greater value. Download and share the latest Member Perks flier with your members!
MEMBERSHIP UPDATES FOR PTA LEADERS
California State PTA partnered with TOTEM to develop our new electronic membership system to make joining and renewing PTA membership at the local level easier for parents, families and community members.
For several months, we’ve have been working side-by-side to test and pilot the system with a “success-based model approach” at the unit, council, district and state levels. We appreciate all the feedback we have received from our leaders at all levels. Additional accounting and reconciliation reports have been added and improvements have been made based on your suggestions. We remain committed to getting it right for you and for our members across the state. Although the pilot has been a success, we continue to work with TOTEM to add improvements and features based on feedback from our leaders and members.
As a reminder, there are no changes to PTA’s membership process and the electronic system will be completely voluntary and an optional addition to our current system. We will keep you posted as we progress in this important work to build membership and strengthen PTA. Units, councils or districts will not be required to use the new system.
All of your feedback and input are being taken very seriously. Please feel free to send any questions or feedback to email@example.com. We will keep you posted as we progress in this important work to build membership and strengthen PTA.
- Check out National PTA’s membership-marketing materials available in both English and Spanish
- Be sure to also reference the California State PTA Toolkit for PTA procedures and best practices
- Looking for more information about organizing your PTA membership drive, or ways to promote it? Feel free to contact the Vice-President for Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need assistance in utilizing the marketing tools, please contact California State PTA.