Thank you for your interest in our scholarship programs. These are the scholarships currently offered.
***OUR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PERIOD HAS EXPIRED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.***
For students graduating with the high school class of 2021 who will be working toward an Associate’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or a two-year community college in the fall of 2021, we have two scholarships available:
- First District PTA Scholarship ($750)
- Burbank Council PTA Scholarship (up to $500)
Students from BHS and JBHS can also use these applications to apply for scholarships from your high school’s PTSA.
ELEANOR CHILDERS VOCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
For students who will be attending a Community College or Trade School working toward a Vocational Certificate, we have one scholarship available:
- Eleanor Childers Scholarship ($250)
Vocational certificates can include but are not limited to construction, cosmetology, HVAC, culinary arts, cabinetry, mechanics, and paralegal. A few such programs can be found HERE.
- Applicants for all scholarships must be BUSD students who attend Burbank High School, John Burroughs High School, Monterey High School, or the Independent Learning Academy (ILA).
- Applicants must be a member of the Burbank High School PTSA or John Burroughs High School PTSA and provide a copy of their membership card. You can join online by clicking the buttons below.
- You can also contact:
- If you attend ILA or Monterey, you can join either BHS PTSA or JBHS PTSA.
- Applicants must complete the entire application and fulfill all requirements.
- The recipient of any of the scholarships must provide proof of registration in a qualifying program to receive the scholarship funds.
APPLICATIONS & FORMS
We suggest that you download and/or print the full application and review all of the questions you will need to answer so you have the information you need when you fill out the form. You cannot start the process, stop, and come back. Once you begin completing the document, you need to fill out the whole thing and submit it.
Information you need to complete the applications includes:
- Contact Information for you and your parents
- Personal statement/First District PTA essay — 500 words (see list of questions on application)
- Burbank Council PTA essay — 500 words (see list of questions on application)
- BUSD transcript
- Copy of PTSA membership card
- Letter(s) of recommendation and reference form(s)*
*REFERENCE FORM: Click the button below for a fillable version of the Reference Form. This form must accompany EACH letter of recommendation you submit with your application. Individuals providing letters of reference must complete the form.
Acceptable file formats include PDF, Microsoft Word, Google Docs, or image files (JPG, PNG).
The deadline to submit your application is Friday, March 5, 2021, at 11:59 pm.
QUESTIONS? Contact Burbank Council PTA Scholarship Chair, Caroline Solberg, at CarolineSolberg@aol.com.